Poultry Layer Shed AttendantFull Time
You will be required to work efficiently and cohesively within a team environment on a rotating roster, collecting eggs and monitoring bird health and welfare, whilst completing paperwork for quality assurance purposes.
Key responsibilities include:
- Work proactively with a team on a roster basis to provide 365-day coverage;
- Participate in the training provided to ensure a high level skill and knowledge of the tasks required;
- Understand and comply with all workplace health and safety, quarantine and biosecurity standards;
- Operate machinery and equipment to ensure system optimisation for poultry at all times;
- Monitor and maintain flock health at all times;
- Tending to monitoring, routine feeding and animal husbandry of stock;
- Meet daily schedule requirements including egg collection;
- Maintain a clean and tidy work environment.
- Have a “can do” attitude by working cooperatively and efficiently to meet daily production requirements;
- Be accountable for the work completed;
- Demonstrate effective communication skills;
- An attention to detail required in both husbandry and quality assurance environments;
- Must be reliable, punctual and motivated.
Are you a student studying agribusiness? See the theory come to life with the DA Hall Graduate Program.Find out more
We invite you to enter your details and the nature of your enquiry below.
The DA Hall & Co team will be in touch shortly.